Click here for a portal of collected information
about proposals for euthanasia.
* * *
Welcome to the website of the Social Issues Executive (SIE). We are a 'think tank' in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney. We consider what Christian theology may have to say about social issues and matters of public policy. This article gives some idea of where we're coming from.
This site is an archive of our writing from the past few years.
The majority of pieces are from our series of occasional briefings. You can access future briefings through the orange RSS link below right. Or, you can receive them by email: just follow the instructions at our old but effective mailing list site.
Browse by Topic [view all]
abortion, capital punishment, children, church and state, climate change, detention, disability, environment, euthanasia, free speech, freedom of religion, government, human rights, immigration, marriage, politics, prison, refugees, relationships, same-sex issues
Latest Reports [view all]
- Parish disability access survey: Report to Synod 2010
- 2008 submission to Senate Inquiry into euthanasia laws repeal Bill
- Transitions to palliation and end of life care: submission to NHMRC
- Twelve points by Anglicare Sydney concerning same sex adoption
- SIE submission to the 2006 review of NSW adoption law